Monday, March 26, 2012

Just Another Monday

Today the teacher was in tears, crying out to God in desperation.

I love homeschooling most days. I really do. I'm one of those weird mom's who actually enjoys having her children at home all day.  I love being the one who gets to watch the light go on in my child's head after s.t.r.u.g.g.l.i.n.g. through a Math concept. I love being the one who teaches my child to read. I love planning picnics at lunchtime and surprise outings for our 100th day of school, or other random celebrations. I love picking out my children's curriculum and figuring out their learning styles. I love teaching them songs and doing Scripture memorization in morning devotions. I love the way we can all pitch in to get the laundry done or the house cleaned. I love when their Daddy does Science experiments with them. I love when May 1st rolls around and we are FINISHED with school until mid-August.

But homeschooling is also the most challenging thing I've ever attempted. It has stretched me in ways I never imagined. I have been at the end of my rope too many times to count. We have prayed together, cried tears of frustration, and apologized. I battle the desire to be Super Mom, yet knowing all the time that it's not possible.

But somehow, even on the really hard days, I know in my heart that it's exactly where I want to be. It's exactly what God wants for our family. Does that make it easy? Does that solve all the problems? No. We still cry. We still struggle through expanded notation. We still erase our cursive writing and do it again. We still strongly dislike Language. We still get on each other's nerves. We still say things that are unkind and have to apologize.

But we know where our Source of Strength comes from. We know Who has a beautiful plan for our messed up days. We know that He is able to do above all that we ask or think. We know that He is the Potter and we are the clay.

And for today, that is enough.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I so know what you mean. Knowing that you're where God wants you, doesn't make it 'easy'. Homeschooling. is. not. easy. But I am so thankful that we have the freedom to choose that for our family. Hope your week is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed reading this! It is in those struggles, those tears, that we find God the nearest. Praying that He gives you His strength as you finish out the school year!

    On another note. As we make plans to begin homeschooling next year, I have doubts!
    I wonder if I will be able to do it.
    Then I am encouraged by hearing from other Moms.
    And I am reminded again that the only way I can do it is by looking to God.
    Rosalyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like how you think! great post...
    only one month of school left! :) you sound like an amazing teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I SO loved talking with you today!! And someday I just might call you and be sobbing... :) and you will give me good advice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miss you girl! I hadn't been here in a long time :( . Great stuff! I will have to show the kids the pictures. They miss you guys a lot! Thanks again so much for helping to give them the time of their lives! Elaine

    ReplyDelete