Monday, March 12, 2012

Blessed Be The Name of The Lord

This song has been running through my head ever since last week when a ministry did a presentation at church and sang this song. Somehow the words stuck in my head and I've been pondering them ever since.

Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be the name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be His holy name
He gives and takes away
He gives and takes away
My heart will choose to say
Blessed be His name.
Blessed be His holy name.

So often I focus on what He has taken away and the fact that I need to bless His name anyway. And that is good. But lately I've been really thinking about what He has given. His gifts just seem huge to me right now, and unless you walk through some of the valleys that I have in the past several years, it may not make sense to you at all. He gives....and gives...and blesses....and while life on the mountain top every day would not be good for me at all, I will delight in the mountain right now...and every day....so that when my time in the valley comes along, I can remember to bless His name even then.

In the past number of months, it seems like God has literally dumped stuff on our heads....new promises in His word, spiritually stimulating conversations with random people, (NOT random to God) wow moments of understanding, encouragement that meets our needs exactly, as well as stretching us and growing us.

What has God blessed you with lately?

1 comment:

  1. Oh Aunt Wanda, He's blessed me through YOU today! Thanks for the reminder to praise/bless Him through the good, the bad and the ugly! Please come in May!! :)

    ReplyDelete