Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy Birthday!!!!!

Note: this post is written by Wanda's niece Hannah.

Some of you may know, but it's likely that a lot of you don't know, so I will tell you.... Today is my aunt Wanda's birthday!!   And terrible as it may sound, I don't know how old she is turning! So in that case you are safe to assume that she is still very young... which she is. :)
Here is a picture for you.  I didn't have a picture that isn't already on the blog so I am just using this one :) And besides, I kinda like it... :)

Here are some of my favorite things about my aunt Wanda:
  • Her heart for God
  • The way she pours herself into her family
  • She is always so willing to give advice to her nieces... that sometimes need it :)
  • Her passion for good marriages & family relationships encourages me
  • She is a wonderful cook :)
  • I love her spontaneous personality
  • And if for no other reason at all.... I am blessed to have her for an aunt!
I am thankful to God for the example Wanda has been to me.
And though there are many humorous facts I could write about like...... um, I guess I won't right now.

And so, if you read her blog and enjoy it, or perhaps you read her blog and have never made yourself known, now is the time. Please drop her a line and wish her a happy birthday and then next time when she comes here, she will find a pleasant surprise! ;)

13 comments:

  1. Happy Happy birthday, my dear aunt!!! I ditto what Hannah said. I love those things about you!!:)God's best to you in the next year!! :) ♥ Dorcas

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's very trusting of her nieces, she is! What if they would have written your worser stories! :) Anyhow, a happy happy birthday to you Wanda! And I think you're 36. Am I right? God's blessings on you for your 36th year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, it's 36. Thank you for the sweet birthday wishes.

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday Wanda! May the year ahead be overflowing with God's richest blessings! Love reading your blog! You inspire me! :) ~Gina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!! You have a sweet niece! :) Hope your day was beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. To my dearest aunt on her birthday,
    so, I would really like to take you out for coffee this evening to celebrate your day. I'd def. be in the mood for a heart to heart with my dear aunt Wanda. But since I'm {700?} miles away at the moment, I shall write a long comment speaking of my admiration for YOU, beautiful lady! Your nieces all agree that you're just so amazing. Listening ear.....always understands.......best advice.....that's our Aunt Wanda. Weight, guys, marriage, frustrations with life- you listen every time and always have wisdom to offer with just the right amount of humor. Thanks so much for always being there for me and the rest of "the girls". I can hardly believe that yo're almost 20 years older than me. Seems more like just a few years. Besides, that's what people would guess, right?:) In case anyone didin't tell you yet today {tho Im' pretty sure your amazing hubby did} you look younger than ever, and you're so beautiful!!!! Your husband and kiddos adore you, and you do such a good job taking care of and loving on them all. Thanks for your example of pursuing Jesus. It inspires me. And I love your blog. Thanks for your example of REAL marriage. I don't see that many, and yours gives me hope that the passion can last. Thanks for staying in love. Thanks for all the ways you've supported us this winter- sending everything we needed, commenting on the blog, praying for us, leaving food for our guys when they were home alone, and anything else I'm not thinking of. You're amazing. I hope your day was fabulous. Cause you sure are.
    Much love,
    Allison

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. Can't wait to see you.

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday, Wanda! I always enjoy your blog. =) Hope your day is special.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I still wish you a happy birthday a day late?! I'll never forget your graciousness to me when I was about 7, and you were probably 13. We flew to IA and stayed with your family, and you played paper dolls with me for HOURS if memory serves me right. I thought you and Wayne were the coolest people alive. :) Your example has stuck with me and made me be more thoughtful about how I treat people (kids??) that are younger than I. I hope you didn't have just a happy birthday but a happy birthweekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How did I miss this post?? Hmm. Well... anyway.... a belated and very Happy birthday to you. I did think about you on Saturday and thought about calling, but you know how my Saturday went.. :)

    Had a wonderful time last night. God bless you so much. Thanks for being you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wanda,
    It's a very belated Happy Birthday, but I haven't been to your blog in awhile.
    You are inspiring, encouraging, & graceful. I love seeing Jesus in you. Even tho' I've been a mother for a few more years than you :), I love learning from you!!!! I am blessed to have you for my sister-in-law.
    Love,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy belated birthday. How nice of your niece to do this post for you! :)
    ~Rosalyn

    ReplyDelete