Monday, June 11, 2012

Grace

She was having a bad morning, this 5 year old daughter of mine who is growing so fast that some days I see a glimpse of what she is becoming. I was frustrated at her, for crying over the tangles in her hair, getting mad because she had to get dressed, and being really upset because I asked her to go make her bed. I'm thinking how are we gonna cope when the hormones start to change? I have a long list of things to do. Why can't everyone just cooperate? (My agenda, I know) Suddenly, without thinking twice, I reached out and enveloped her in a big hug, patting her back, saying things like, "You are really having a bad morning, aren't you?" and "I'm sorry." I left the scolding out of the affection. She clung to me for forever. Afterwards, she was a transformed little girl. I couldn't believe it. What a change. All she needed was a hug. Really? Was it that simple? Why do I miss it so often?

It's called GRACE.

I need it too. I run to my Father God and bask in His embrace. He loves me for who I am, not for who He wishes I were. And when we feel loved, we can face almost anything.


Invite GRACE into your home today.


4 comments:

  1. Do you know how beautiful this post is to me? It's very beautiful. It touches my heart. You are a good mom!! :) ~Dorcas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post!!! And encouraging and true! Can't wait to see you in less then a month!! ♥ u!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO good. I need to try a hug instead of nagging sometimes.
    -And I liked your last post too, you busy lady. I hope your trip went well. -Luci_

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the reminder! I want grace to be extended to me, but I so often fail to give it to others! Esp. my little people. You are a beautiful example!! Luv u!! :)

    ReplyDelete