Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

Today I am grateful for my Mom.

She taught me to:
  • enjoy hard work
  • can and freeze food
  • pray
  • memorize Scripture
  • enjoy my relatives
  • make a bed
  • manage a home
  • enjoy shopping
  • visit the shut-ins
  • hang out the laundry
  • enjoy a good book
  • write letters to the elderly aunts
  • enjoy cooking
  • plant a garden
  • wash windows
  • serve people
  • be on time
  • stay in touch with family
I am thankful to God for blessing me with a mother that loves me through thick and thin.


I am also thankful for my mother in law. Although she didn't give birth to me, she has accepted me into the family as one of her own. I appreciate many things about her, but 3 things that pop into my mind first of all are:
  1. Schedules are not as important as people.
  2. Everyone needs a friend, especially that person that no one quite seems to understand.
  3. A big, long laugh is good for us all.
I am blessed indeed.















I am also very blessed to be the mother of these precious children.


And the wife of this wonderful man.


















Happy Mother's Day, indeed!

3 comments:

  1. Aren't we so blessed with such good moms and in-laws? I had to smile...because your mom sounds much like mine and your mother in law sounds like Dan's mom. :-)

    Love your skirt on your mother's day photos. Your children are blessed as well. ~Luci~

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a good mom, Wanda. I'm often inspired and challenged by you. I hope your Mother's Day was wonderful.. :) Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your outfits! You are a great Mom! :) And I'm still fondly reflecting on our wonderful weekend together!! :)

    ReplyDelete