Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Crazy May

I have known for a long time that the month of May is probably the busiest month of the year. This year was no exception. The farmer husband has been very busy in the fields and we haven't had a 'rainy day break' to speak of. The garden and flowerbeds needed to be filled, we finished up school, enjoyed a field trip, took a quick little weekend away, just me and him,( to a wedding), attended a graduation party, had several extended family gatherings, went garage saling, rejoiced with a brother on his engagement, had the children's last piano recital, cleaned out the garage, (this is worth mentioning!) and took my boys to the coffee shop on a 'Mom date' after they finished school. We have had some amazing weather and we are all enjoying summer and a break from school very, very much!

And now, a few pictures to go with the highlights of our month:

We immensely enjoyed the time spent with my niece and her family when we made our little trip east for a wedding. Traveling 10 hours alone with my man was a rare treat. He says we got to finish sentences we had started years ago. It's not quite like that, but close.;) My niece is 10 years younger than me and deep in the throes of Mommy-hood. What a blessing she is to me!



There are several families that started homeschooling in this area due to our little impact on them. We feel humbled that we could be used in this way. If you didn't grow up with the idea of homeschooling, it can look hugely overwhelming at first, and people that God uses to encourage you in this venture have a special place in your heart. So we got together after we were all finished with school, and celebrated with a fun field trip in another city. Between us 3 families there are 6 boys from the ages of 7-10. Wow! What a lot of energy they had. We were exhausted by day's end, but we had a grand adventure together! Ice cream (or a caramel frappe') at McDonald's was a great way to end the day! 




And now, after almost 6 years of wanting to make it happen, my man has begun building a beautiful grape fence/arbor for me. It isn't finished yet, but this is how we spent our Memorial Day, complete with a family supper at Leon's parents.




The to-do list is really too long for me to be sitting at the computer, but a little update on our lives was in order.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely post Wanda! Although I am slightly biased to the adorable family in the first picture!!:) It makes me laugh!;) And I can just imagine the fun you had together!:) ♥Rhoda

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun memories we made!! You are a blessing to me, too!! Bring on July!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your four children are precious! I had to come see a picture of them :) Have a great weekend. - Christina

    ReplyDelete