Sunday, April 8, 2012

He is Risen!

Easter has been so special to our family this year. We enjoyed a special sunrise service this morning, breakfast with our church, and then our regular service. And while 7 AM was quite early to get this bunch to church, we just rejoiced again in the Power of the Resurrection. Lunch was pancakes and sausage and then we enjoyed our long naps. The boys are out searching for mushrooms with their Dad and the girls and I are just chilling. Today is a Family Day for us...and we needed it. There's no one I'd rather spent time with then my own little family.


I couldn't help but think of my dear sister-in-law, who would never have left the house with a mismatched bunch like this. Her family was color coordinated and dressed to the T. I, on the other hand, discovered my oldest son wore white socks to church with his black pants, and my youngest son was smeared with grass stains due to some wild after church activities. I guess you could say the 'power of the resurrection' and the 'look' in my husband's eyes made me just let it go. While I admire my wonderful sister in law, and it may happen here someday, but this year, we just went out the door as we were.

Here are some of my recent favorite pictures:

These two are the very best of friends and I often watch them together and realize what I never had. They just don't know how blessed they are.
A guys night of fishing...2 hours and 39 fish!

I turned a normal lunch time into a restaurant meal. The children were thrilled!

Oh, the fun of their first ever Easter egg hunt!

We invited some of Leon's family over for a picnic.
Leon's parents, my sweet in laws.

Leon's brother, AJ, and Grandma Miller

Cousins


6 comments:

  1. Great stuff. Yup. My girl's warm coat was dirty when it came out of the closet this morning and I decided that it was worth reading to the children yesterday for several hours instead of making sure all the coats were clean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun pictures!! Can't wait to see you tomorrow in person!!:):) ♥George

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, I'm so used to writing 'George' in my emails to sisters that I forgot that you aren't one!!;) (you could feel privileged;) Rhoda

      Delete
    2. oh, I do feel privileged!;)

      Delete
  3. Love the mismatch!! :) Yesterday morning at church, while attempting to balance baby on my lap, a paper plate with doughnuts in my one hand and coffee in my other, I got bumped by another of my children and my coffee spilled on my white skirt, right in the front. Shortly thereafter, another child spilled hot chocolate... on my white skirt! I looked like a horrible disaster!! After church I glanced down to see a small girl standing beside me absentmindedly stirring hot chocolate in a cup. She 'flicked' her straw and some more hot chocolate went on my skirt... Loved the girls Easter dresses! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great pictures! love the one of the kids after their easter egg hunt. cute!!!

    ReplyDelete