Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Thanks, Honey!

Thanks, Honey, for insisting I go to surprise my sister for her 50th birthday. Thanks for checking online for a cheap ticket for several weeks, only to discover there were none. You then decided that I'm going alone, without the girls. You bought the ticket. You planned to take care of the kids. You told me to have a good time, to stay up late, and not worry about home.

{You didn't know you were getting 1400 baby pigs the day I left, or that your boss would go on vacation, thus making extra chores, or that you would feel half-sick the entire weekend.}

I packed my bags, typed up lists for the kids, filled the fridge or freezer, cleaned the house, did the laundry, then hugged and kissed you and the kids good-bye. You were still reminding me to have a good time.

You got the new pigs settled, and then took over with the kids. They had a wonderful weekend with you.  I wish I could have seen you Sunday morning, especially to peek at the girls. But they were basking in their Daddy's love so I know they were beautiful. I'm sure you only laughed when Logan made scrambled eggs without putting butter in the pan first. The kids will never forget that Super Bowl Party with Dad. The pizza, popcorn, and Gatorade...at the neighbors vacant house.

Sure, I came home to a house that wasn't quite like I keep it. But I came home to a happy, loving family. An amazing  self-less husband. And when I said, "Oh, honey, I wish I could send you somewhere and give you some time off," all you said was, "I'd just wanna be with you."

Thanks, Honey!

6 comments:

  1. Awww...how sweet is that. Real love in action there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wanda, that is just the best. SO happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww...amazing post! I agree...love & happiness outweigh a messy house...I've had to learn that one, too. And your gratefulness, sis, is powerful, too! So glad you got to come. It was a memorable week-end!:)...now I can't wait 'til you're 50!!!ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dearest Aunt!

    Me and Chels read this and said, "Aww.....SO s w e e t!!!!" What a lovely post for your man. Thanks for your awesome example of marriage. Love you!

    Allison

    ReplyDelete