Tuesday, September 15, 2015

The Things They Say

Yep, my kids are funny. Very, very funny. Sometimes I write down the funny things they say, but sadly, there's a lot that we forget. Here's a combination of funnies from our house:


Me: What do you think is the best part of being a Mom?
Brooke: Having Mother's Day.
Annika: Taking care of your kids.
Jamie: Watching your kids improve in school.
Logan: Sampling the food.



While doing Math in school, I said to Brooke: "We need 6 kitties, but we only have 1. How many more do we need?" Brooke replied: "A lot!"


Logan said to me several weeks ago: "Mom, you could relieve a lot of stress if you'd just watch Andy Griffith."


Me to a nameless child: "Why did you pinch her?"
Child: "Well, she needs to learn to return good for evil."


Another nameless child, at the supper table, discussing plans for a Cops & Robbers sort of game: "You be the sheriff, I'll be the hypocrite." (criminal)


Brooke, while helping me make whoopie pies one afternoon: "Mom, it sure takes a long time to make whoopie cushions!"


Another one from Brooke: "What are you guys secreting about?"


Brooke: "Mom, where did you get your funnies?"
Me: "I was born that way, I guess. Where did you get yours?"
Brooke: "From Dad."





1 comment:

  1. Oh goodness-I needed a laugh today and this has me in stitches!
    I will never think of a whoopee pie the same way again. =) =) =)

    ReplyDelete