Friday, September 20, 2013

The Kitchen-At Last.

I know most of you know about our kitchen project but in case you're in the dark, I'll refresh your mind.

We moved to this dear old farmhouse 7 years ago. It was built in 1905 so that officially makes it old. While it doesn't have loads and loads of character like some old houses do, I appreciate the character it does have. But the nasty rug in the kitchen/dining room had to go.

We tore out the carpet on a hot July evening. The hardwood installation project began. It ended up being about 3 weeks of 'making do' until we were able to move back in. Leon still has trim to put up and the floor needs another round of sand and stain, but I'm loving the improvements so very much!





Leon and I tackled painting the kitchen counter tops. We learned a lot and I like to think that it was a special project for our marriage.:) We worked together on this one, and I get warm fuzzies just remembering. Leon, maybe not so much. The way we do most projects is that I get the wild idea and I believe he can do just about anything, then he gets stuck with the stress of making it work. See why he rains on my parade so often?:) The finished project isn't perfect, but most people don't notice the flaws.
Before:

After:


And a few more pretties in my kitchen:




7 comments:

  1. Wow, Wanda!!! I like it! You guys did such a great job. If/when I ever get around to doing MY counter tops, I'll know who to call! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally like.the counter tops. Love the kitchen centerpiece. ;) just as i imagined. Thanks for hosting us last week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks lovely. I'm seeing that sink and faucet. One sweet day I shall have a sink and faucet like that!. And I have yellow in my dining as well! Although it's much more mustard. Those home improvement projects are worth it even if they're HARD work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE it!! Now I want to come over and actually "see" it up close and personal. Besides I haven't seen YOU for so long anyway...=)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVELY!!! :)

    Hey, I was just looking back at my blog during International Homeschool Spirit Week and you had commented and said I should remind you next (this) year! Well, I'm a day late. It started today.....https://www.facebook.com/HomeschoolSpiritWeek

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! I came to check out your blog after not having seen it for ages and oh.my.word. your kitchen got a face lift!! Not that it was bad before, but it really doesn't look like the same place. I'll have to check it out over Christmas... Feels like forever since I've seen you! -Glo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gloria! it's been a long time. Yes, you may come check out my kitchen anytime! I am really loving it! So you're coming for Christmas?

      Delete