Wednesday, September 25, 2013

My Darling Daughters

(My birthday theme this year on my blog, was to write a letter to my children. My girls' birthdays are a week apart, and a lot of what I'm feeling/thinking applies to both, so I'll take the liberty to combine the two.)

Dear daughters,

You two are some of God's greatest gifts to me. How I love having daughters. I love how you are so different from me, yet we have so much in common.

I love the girl things we can do together, the fashion discussions, the tea parties, the shopping. But somehow, I also love, love to see you shoot guns, play like wild Indians, and get dirty. I want you to enjoy life, even if it doesn't fit into my neat, tidy boxes. I don't want to place expectations on you that you can never meet.

This past year, I have watched you two learn to take your tough stuff to God- nasty attitudes, crying fits, you name it. I've seen you come away from praying alone in your bedroom to hugging and apologizing. You have no idea how much that means to me. You two have your sweet little prayer list going on. You pray for the things listed there nearly every night. Sometimes I see your light on well after bedtime, and I'm tempted to get frustrated, then I realize you're still praying. 

I am convinced that Satan loves to wreck mother/daughter relationships. He's done a pretty good job of it over the years. I pray often for our relationship. We have to fight for it, girls. It's not going to be easy. We won't always understand each other or care for each other like we should. I hope I'm never too proud to say I was wrong or to say I'm sorry. 

You two are some of my very best friends. May you always live life to the fullest. May you have a passion for Jesus that can't be contained. And may you always find a friend in your mother.

I love you both.
With all my heart,
Mom


*********************************************************************************
Brooke's birthday fell on a youth camping trip. She enjoyed the attention she got from everyone. We had a quiet party at home the next night. She ordered grilled tilapia, baked rice, cheesy green beans, and strawberry shortcake.






Annika's birthday was a special day for her. She wore her mini bride wedding dress to church. (from her Uncle Lowell's wedding) She invited several friends home from church for the afternoon. She ordered baked chicken, baked potatoes, green beans w/ bacon, and key lime pie.




And the traditional birthday breakfast in bed.......

1 comment:

  1. I love this. thankyou for sharing it!
    see you tomorrow! its been ages since I've worked a tour with ya-looking forward to it! =)

    ReplyDelete