Sunday, January 20, 2013

School Daze

Abraham Lincoln
Abraham Lincoln was a President. He was good whith God. He got shot and died the nest day. He was born in a log cabin and grew up in Kentucky.
                                                                                       -Annika gr. 1

If I were a famous person, I would like to start a moon colony. There would be house's, shed's, and moon car's. There would be a police station, a fire station, and a hosbitla. (hospital) There would be a bank and a store. There would even be moon money.
                                                                                      -Jamison gr.4

If I were a famous person, I would like to discover the ark. If I would find it I would make a museum and put it in there. And then I would fill it with animals. And have people walk through it.
                                                                                    -Logan gr.5





Here's the preschooler, peeking in. You never know what she'll do. She has a vivid imagination and loves sitting in the closet on the sleeping bags. (see above picture) She also loves to do puzzles, work in her workbooks, play with Lite Brites, color and look at books. She told someone recently that she's in preschool, "and mostly I just play."


Have I mentioned that I love, love my 'new' school room with the many book shelves and lights and desks for each student? And the peaceful aqua color it's painted? This is one of my favorite rooms in the house and we spend every forenoon in here. We have a heater when it's cold, a fan when it's hot, and sometimes we have tears, lots of laughter, snacks, and a lot of learning going on. I am so very grateful for the privilege to teach my own children, at home. 

6 comments:

  1. I have fond memories of my years of homeschooling, and I'm grateful for the mothers that do it. I have practically no clue how much work and effort it takes, but I can only guess that moms are some kind of miracle workers. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha. Some days I wish for a miracle....other days I feel like a miracle...you know, when the fractions finally click in someone's head....but most days I feel like I really, really need God today!

      Delete
  2. I like your school room. Since we are planning on moving, we have been looking at houses and I am eyeing the potential rooms for a school room and dreaming. Most days I LOVE homeschooling and then there are days when I rather dislike it. :) Today was a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a beautiful school room... I would love a room like that, not that I homeschool but I could find all kinds of things to do in it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i LOVE your new school room too!! i always said if i had a "real" school room i could have homeschooled better.. ;) probably not. but i still tell myself that! :)

    good for you for doing it! i know it's not a easy task, but one that someday you'll never regret. i never thought i'd say it, but i miss it. and i wonder what the years ahead will hold as far as the kids schooling..

    just year by year. day by day. moment by moment, right! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great looking school room! Very Lovely with the many shelves and such..

    ReplyDelete