Tuesday, January 8, 2013

2012 Memories

                                                         January-
Leon and I celebrated our anniversary 4 months late with a weekend at home, no kids. Relaxing....



(never mind that I look 6 months pregnant; must've been the vest:) )

Later in the month, we surprised the children for the 100th day of school by taking them to a hotel with a big indoor waterslide.
February-
I flew to Texas and surprised my sister Karen for her 50th birthday.


(my big sisters and me; they are 14 & 18 years older than me, but I love 'em so much!)


We also hosted 2 wonderful nephews and 1 wonderful niece for 5 days while their parents went on a mission trip.




March-
We planted early things in the garden



April-
Leon began planting
The children and I went to MO to visit my sister Mary and her family

May-
Leon and I made a fast trip to Ohio for a wedding and spent some time with my niece and her family.


We also took a field trip with several other home school families.

June-

We started eating garden goodies and enjoying summer to the fullest.










July-
We started off the month by going to the Ozarks and spending a wonderful weekend with my entire family....

                                         Here we are, all 66 of us!
The 8 siblings...alot of personality going on here. You can tell I'm one of the better behaved ones.

Then we celebrated the marriage of Leon's brother, Karlin to Megan...



We also celebrated the life and death of Leon's Grandma Miller.
August-
We spent a weekend visiting Leon's Grandma Stutzman.
We painted the school room and Leon built desks and bookshelves and we started school.
We camped in our back yard.



September-
Leon began harvest.

We celebrated 3 birthdays in our family.

We were commissioned as youth pastors at our church.
October-
We had gorgeous weather this fall.





                                                       November

                             We enjoyed Thanksgiving with my family.

                                                        December
                 We had a very busy month with basketball practice for  
           Logan, Christmas activities, baking, and then lots of fun family time with Leon's family.




                                  Kevin sure enjoys those sewin' cards.:)
                                                     Pizza Hut!

                                     We all took turns being sick ...:(
          and then finished up the month with our own little family Christmas.
It's been a great 2012.

2 comments:

  1. Wanda,I loved looking at all your pics! :) great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. I forget that little point and shoot camera's don't make the background nearly invisible. Next time in the background, warn me. :) That Yellow shirt, I asked Kevin the other night if its his favorite. Seems like I have seen him in it a lot. :) He said its long sleeved thats why he wears it. My favorite pic is the one of your family Christmas. Your house looks so cozy and CALM. Imagine that. I think it looks so cozy because I can still see the snow outside.

    ReplyDelete