Friday, December 18, 2015

Daybook

I've been enjoying....
My Christmas devotional The Greatest Gift by Ann Voskamp. "The message of Christmas is that this world's a mess and we can never save ourselves from ourselves and we need a Messiah."

Out my window....
The Farmer is hauling manure, the grass is green, and the wind is a'blowing...22 mph. Good ole' Iowa!

My kids are loving....
Their new ping pong table! We set it up in the egg room in the chicken house for now, and it makes chores so much more fun. 

We are all excited for....
Our family Christmas on Christmas Eve when we finally get to empty our stockings and reveal the secrets we've all been keeping from each other!

My favorite song....
Is "Heaven Song" by Phil Wickham.

I can hardly believe....
That this year is almost over! It has been such a mixture of joy and struggle, learning and growing, fun and hard!

Today we....
Completed the first half of the school year! Two weeks of glorious vacation and then back to the books on January 4. 

God's been teaching me....
That I'm not responsible for other people's actions and attitudes, only mine!

Something I need to work on....
To pray more!!!

A picture from 2010....



My favorite quote right now....
"Stop making what people did to you bigger than what God did for you." Christine Caine

Some fun things we've done recently as a family....
Went to a Christmas play in Waterloo and in Washington, Leon took the kids Christmas shopping for me (!) while I stayed home and worked on some Christmas gifts, enjoyed the girls' piano recital, and got in lots of basketball games for the boys.

I am thankful...
For the blessing of good health for our family!

I am listening....
to Michael W. Smith's album "Sovereign".

I'm looking forward to....
Christmas with my family!!!!!!




Merry Christmas!



No comments:

Post a Comment