Thursday, August 7, 2014

The Things She Says

Her name is Brooklyn. She's almost 6. She's our youngest. Many days she asks, "Mom, what is there to do?" Another favorite line is, "Is there anything to eat?" and when I suggest something healthy, she says, "Um, is there anything else?"

Every day she makes me laugh. I only remember to write down a small fraction of her funnies.

Tonight in the bathroom at a fundraiser meal, after a very long time in there, (bathroom breaks are social events!) she looks up at me after watching the toilet flush, "Hey, Mom, do you know about evaporation? It scoops the water up and puts it in the air."

The other day we were driving somewhere and the song "We Believe" came on the radio. She pipes up from the back seat, "Mom, this song is SO addicting!" When I asked her if she even knew what that meant, she said , "Yes, it means it gets stuck in my head."

And she loves big words- you know, bigger than an average 5 year old vocabulary. "Mom, I need a suitable shirt for my bear."

Another one from tonight.....I commented that it sure smells like pigs around here. She replied, "But, Mom, that's the life you have to live on the farm. It's better than the smelly old city."

Recently, Annika asked me if I used to be Amish. Before I had the chance to answer, Brooke said, "No, she was a Bontrager!"




2 comments: