Thursday, January 2, 2014

2013 Review

January

I enjoyed a lunch out with these two special long time friends.


The children enjoyed the snow.



We went to a special banquet put on by three area churches for their youth and youth pastors.


February
More playing in the snow.
March
Annika baked cookies for the first time. She chose Snicker doodles.

We spent a week in South Carolina for Leon's brother Kevin's wedding.


April
We hatched baby chicks in an incubator in the school room.
May
We celebrated Mother's Day.
Annika got to be miniature bride at her Uncle Lowell's wedding.

We planted garden.


June
Leon and I went on a mission trip with our youth group to Phoenix, AZ and did a VBS at Aim Right Ministries. We also got to see the Grand Canyon one day.

July
We started tearing up our kitchen and putting in a new floor. 
We enjoyed a weekend reunion with the extended Bontrager family.

 We had a wonderful evening hiking and picnicking as a family.
 We spent a very cold weekend camping and Leon made the children bows.
August
We babysat for cousins one day.
We took a two day family vacation.

We started school.

September
We went camping with the youth.

 We went swimming for the last time.
October
I helped plan a Ladies Luncheon at church and did an interview with a dear 95 year old lady from church.
 I took the girls horseback riding at our friend Amber's house.
November
We celebrated Thanksgiving with Leon's family. 
 The children enjoyed a pinanta.

December
The girls spent hours playing with their dolls.

And now it's 2014


The girls and I had a lovely day at home while the men went to watch the game. 

The new year stretches before us- unknown and uncharted territory. But I am excited about what it may hold. God did so many amazing things for me in the past year and I know He will continue to amaze me in this new year. The best part of all is that I do not have to 'do' this year alone, God will be right beside me every step of the way.







No comments:

Post a Comment