Saturday, February 23, 2013

Finding Fun In The 'Fire'

This week has been hard. Very hard. A lot of junk went on in our house. I had a sick daughter day after day after day....a lot of sibling rivalry, some really hard moments in the school room....a lot of frustrations...it just felt like satan was very busy and I was under attack....in the 'fire' so to speak...

But in spite of all that, we did have some great moments, especially after about Thursday when I decided I have to look for JOY, because it most certainly isn't going to come looking for me.

I was looking through my camera and found some really fun pictures and I knew it was a very physical reminder of the good times we can have as a family. I am incredibly blessed to be a mom. Even when it's hard, even when I am completely out of creative ideas, even when the tears fall, even when I fail in my response to my children, even when I just want to get away from it all. God has given me strength this week in a very real way. One day I ended up in the bathroom for a crying session, (am I the only Mom that does that?) and I was praying, "God, I can't do this." In an almost audible voice I heard Him say, "My strength is perfect in your weakness." Wow! That's really all I need.

Now for some fun pictures from our house:


I have a thing for braids!


Our Valentines date with the children









                                                        Face Paint


SNOW!









2 comments:

  1. Wanda!! Hi. I am Heather.... your long long long lost cousin. ha. I am your Uncle Bill's daughter's (Peggy) daughter... did you get that?! My mom found your blog through facebook and she then directed me your way. I have so enjoyed reading through some of your posts. What an amazing woman, wife, and Mom you are. :) Your children are precious and life on the farm seems thrilling. Never a dull moment I am sure. So glad to reconnect and hope you are thawing out from the past snow storm. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by. Thanks too for your kind words. It would be fun to see you again. It's been awhile. You're welcome anytime.:)

      Delete