Wednesday, August 1, 2012

July Memories

After experiencing a really wild and crazy week, which included a wedding in the family and Leon's grandmother's death, we are all so exhausted. Then this morning I turned the calendar to August, and my heart sank. How can it be that we have only 3 weeks left of summer vacation? Why did summer seem to go so much faster this year? What can I do to make these last several weeks really count? I'm moving in a fog the last several days as I tackle the laundry monster and slowly put my house back in order. We all sleep and sleep, trying to catch up. Tonight we are going to a church picnic, which we are all looking forward to. Somehow, doing something normal and with our church family, looks so inviting. Refreshing, even. but before July is a dim memory, I have several events that seriously need documenting. The first is my B. family reunion that we enjoyed at the beginning of the month. There are some great photos that my niece took that I really want to post.

The whole clan


Siblings

                                                      Grandma with the grandchildren
more sibling pictures




















7 comments:

  1. Hello - I found your blog off of another blog and I just had to comment that you have such a wonderful family! What a blessing! (and the food looks pretty spectacular too:)) I do have a question on the headcoverings. We are Christian and we have friends in different Christian denominations and I haven't seen headcoverings worn before. It looks like in your family its mixed, but still it looks like you all get along so well and there aren't any problems which is so wonderful. If you do have a minute to explain the headcoverings and why some wear them and some not, I would love to learn...But I know that you are super busy too! Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We base it on the teachings in 1 Cor. 11. We do not believe it to be the basis for our salvation, but we do believe there is a blessing in following this principle. We were raised Amish Mennonite, but now we have a variety of denominations in our family. I think the important factor in getting along, even with our differences, is to remember that we will not always agree with everyone on the application of the principle, and to be okay with that.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much. It definitely looks like you are all thriving!

      Delete
  2. I can't believe July is over either...I can't believe how fast summer is flying by! It feels like the 4th of July was last week!

    You have a great, big, wonderful family. Looks like you all have a fun time when you get together! Lots of silliness. =)

    Hope you have a great rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I'm the youngest aunt, even though I'm 30-something, somehow I feel I have the license to never quite grow up. I love the silliness too. And being the youngest of 8 is a huge responsibility.;)

      Delete
  3. Such fun, fun memories!! And the pic of you and I... When Aubrey saw it, she said, "Mama, that's cheesy!!!" Seriously. I have daughter old enough to tell me I look cheesy. Now to quick get back to my peaches, pizza sauce, and salsa...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where did she come up with that? We look perfectly mature.

      Delete