Friday, December 19, 2014

This Christmas Season...

I have been reminding myself that...




  •  Simple is best, online shopping is good, and gift cards make nice gifts
  • Two batches of Christmas cookies are plenty
  • A clean house is better than a perfectly decorated one (of course, if you can have both, good for you)
  • Making treats with the children is a lot of fun




  • Mud will not steal my joy, mud will not steal my joy, mud will not..... (we are building a chicken barn and have mud and dirt everywhere due to a very warm December, but it could be worse, it could be snow!)
  • My children are beautiful (even if their clothes are not new or perfectly coordinated) 

  • My beautiful Advent devotional can be read in January
  • Kind words to my children are better than perfect schedules
  • Listening to Brooklyn read to me, s-l-o-w-l-y sounding out words, is a privilege
  • Always-dead batteries in my camera mean I have creative children taking many hilarious video clips 
  • Soup and bread make a fine meal for guests
  • A tea party with the nieces is a special privilege even when you think you're almost too busy to plan it
  • Busy Daddy's who read to their little girls are pretty special

  • God is Peace, and Hope, and Everything I need

And just because I like us.......

4 comments:

  1. Good post. Good reminders. I constantly have to remind myself, it's ok, it's ok, it doesn't have to be the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I like your "I am not a robot" comment thingy. Much nicer then typing numbers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so good.
    thanks for the time together...twas so memorable + just good for my soul. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your thankful heart in the midst of challenges is such a huge inspiration to me, Wanda! Thank you again so much for all you shared at the retreat - it was an immense blessing. <3 Enjoyed seeing these pictures of your dear family, too! Have a blessed rest of the weekend. ~e

    ReplyDelete