Saturday, May 3, 2014

It's May Already!

We pretty much wrapped up school for the year...just some History yet that the boys need to finish. What a huge relief! I took the children on our annual garage sale outing today and it had its funny moments and a lot of "Are these my crazy kids?" moments. But the sun was shining and I couldn't think of one thing to complain about. We came home with a few treasures, mostly memories.


Our 8 orphan baby lambs went back to their home, which made a certain someone cry hot, bitter tears, but that was all quickly forgotten in her recent quest to buy a baby duck, which has not yet been approved by headquarters.



The Pony express was at our house several days last week. The girls would ride their stick horses all through the house, upstairs and down, and toss old newspapers in every room. It was pretty cute and kept them occupied for a long time!



 We finally ordered our own set of encyclopedias and the children have spent hours poring over them. Good-bye, Wikipedia, and I'm not even sorry!


Leon has planted a wee bit of corn and we're all ready for warm sunshine so he can finish that project. The early things are in the garden and doing well, now that we penned up our free range chickens. Every year I think, "Now this year they'll stay out of the garden," but after the cauliflower gets its leaves stripped off, I remember that they must be confined for awhile. They are a huge blessing later in the season, because all the garden bugs don't stand a chance with them around.

We have a huge BBQ chicken fundraiser coming up next weekend for our youth group and we have a meeting tonight to plan Vacation Bible School which is coming up very soon.

We made plans for our family vacation and we are all over the top excited about that! The best part is that I get to spend 7 or 8 days SOLID with my husband! Oh I know, vacations aren't always all their cracked up to be but somehow, when we remember them later, it seems like the good parts stick in your mind better than the bad ones.

Our farm is being over-run with kittens right now and I am constantly asked by my children if they can please, please borrow the camera to take a picture of the adorable kittens....hmm, the amount of pictures I found on the camera card was pretty impressive, if you like cats.




The girls helped their Dad put in 1400 baby pigs recently.

Brooklyn decided one day to chop a hole in the front yard with a hatchet. I stopped her after I took the pictures because after all, she'll only be 5 once.

We've had some special Sunday nights at the lake or going to 'visit' a unique swinging bridge. Family evenings like this are pretty special!

I celebrated a birthday way back in March and Logan was so sweet and helped make chicken fajitas for my birthday supper so I had to snap a picture! The kids made some really cool cards for me, including one that had 20 Reasons Why I love My Mom. I had to cry a little over that treasure! Leon took me out to Olive Garden for a special date several days later. (no picture- is he the only man that hates having his picture taken?!)


When life throws things your way that are too deep to express and you can't bare your soul on your blog or even share the things that you are passionate about because of offending some one, you just go back over your pictures and do a little update on your life and it looks to the world like life is good and perfect and sunshine-y and all that......don't be fooled, my friends. In the midst of the most difficult circumstances, God is still sovereign, and he holds our lives in the palm of His hand. And we learn again how to trust Him, because He never changes!


3 comments:

  1. I enjoy your blog a lot! Your last 2 sentences are so powerful!! So thankful that God is our solid foundation when everything else crumbles!! Thanks for sharing!! :) Char

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just like char said those last two sentence are so powerful. Exactly what i needed to hear right now! Thank you! EmilyH

    ReplyDelete