Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Jesus Is Peace

When I've cried all my tears, You see and tell me You  put them in a bottle. (Ps. 56:8)

When I think this is the end of the story, You remind me that at the end of Your story there is a happy ending.

When I wonder who's winning around here, You say You already won the victory.

When I want to give up, You say "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

When I am without hope, You remind me of the cross that fateful night You hung there.

When I want the pain to stop, You remind me that I wasn't created for here, but for THERE.

When I wonder how to pray, You show me verses like Romans 8:26 and tell me that You will intercede  for me.

When the hurt is deep, You remind me of the pain You suffered on the cross for me.

When I long to see You work in people's hearts, You say I need to let You work in my heart.

When I long for more of You, You come, but now how I expect You to.

When I lift my eyes, I see you there, in the midst of all my confusion, holding tight to me.

When I can't sleep at night, You hold me tight, like a Daddy, and rock me to sleep, and I wake up refreshed.

When I fret about the future, You tell me to rest in Your plans.

All you ask of me is to keep on breathing-

to live out Christ in me-

loving and speaking life into the precious people You place in my path-

that's all.

You'll take care of the rest.

Thank-You, Jesus.

This is where peace is found.



3 comments:

  1. What blessed words, Wanda these are things I have felt, and I love seeing them written down so I can read and understand them! My desire too is to live out Christ in me! Em H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely have a way with words. That is just so raw and beautiful. Love you!

    ReplyDelete